The Indian Head Massage is an ancient Indian healing practice found in Ayurveda, the Indian medical system (approx. 5, 000 years old) In Sanskrit, Ayur means life and Veda means knowledge. Ayurveda emphasizes treating the whole body as a system. Ayurveda recognizes that maintaining balance of the elements in the body and mind is essential for optimal health and the process of finding that balance begins with self-awareness.
Experience the healing art of touch with the Indian Head Massage. Using a base oil, aromatic scalp formula and essential oil, the massage starts with the upper arms, shoulders, upper chest, neck, upper and lower back, (we could stop right here and you’d be in heaven, but there’s still more) …the forehead, temples, entire scalp and face. Leave feeling deeply relaxed, restored, grounded and uplifted in mind and body.
In Ayurveda, the body is considered the temple, and the head is considered the alter of the temple. Once the mind relaxes into a state free of dis-ease, the body state can also be freed from dis-ease. The body and mind are connected as one.
THE HEAD MASSAGE
- Is meditative
- Deeply relaxing and rejuvenating as the mind-body eases into ‘recharge mode’ leaving you feeling restored, nourished and energized
- Facilitates new space for self-reflection
- Balances the chakras by releasing stagnant energy or Prana throughout the body
- Eye strain
- Stress, anxiety, mental tension- completely calming the nervous system
- Physical strain- aches and pains, joint and muscle stiffness
- Overall sense of well-being as endorphins are released, aromatherapy component enhances the experience
- Assimilation and digestion of mental thoughts
- Mental clarity, alertness and concentration through increased circulation of cerebral spinal fluid in and around the brain
- Blood circulation throughout the entire body, nourishing vital organs and systems
- Immune system function
- Musculoskeletal system function; mobility of joints
- Lymphatic system function; eliminates accumulated toxins and excess fluid in the body
- Healthy hair growth and prevents early graying; increases circulation to the hair folicle in the scalp, receiving increased oxygen and nutrients
45- minute Indian Head Massage $65
One- Hour Indian Head Massage – includes Back Massage $70
Certification from Andrea Olivera Centre for Ayurveda Rituals, Toronto, ON.
If you have read through the ‘Inital Screening‘ tab next to Indian Head Massage on the main menu and the important information below, please proceed to schedule an appointment by phone (519) 362 7919 ,e-mail email@example.com or book online by clicking below:
A few things to know about the Treatment
- On the day of your appointment if you are experiencing a severe headache/migraine then it is best to reschedule for another day.
- Because I am using oils your hair and skin will be oily/ greasy afterwards. You may wish to set time aside afterwards to go home and shower after your treatment or bring a hat or scarf with you to cover your hair- if the treatment is at my house. If I am coming to your place, you might also want to reserve some shower time for yourself. We can always omit the use of oils if need be.
- Please wear older clothes as its possible that oils may touch your clothing.
Late Arrivals/Cancellation Policy
Please give 24 hours notice if you need to cancel your appointment, by either phone (519) 362- 7919 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org otherwise the full fee for the session will apply.
For arrivals 20 minutes late, the appointment will be considered cancelled for that day, with a rescheduling for another day OR we can proceed with the treatment for the time that remains at full price.
No calls/no shows will not be re-scheduled.