- Ayurveda is an ancient Indian medicine system (approximately 5, 000 years old) that emphasizes treating the whole body as a system
- In Sanskrit, Ayur means life and Veda means knowledge
- Ayurveda is the oldest system of holistic healing and the source to nearly all of them
- Just as the universe and our Earth are comprised of the 5 elements (Air, Ether, Fire, Water, Earth) Ayurveda believes, so are we
Ayurveda recognizes that maintaining balance of the elements in the body and mind is essential for optimal health and the process of finding that balance begins with self-awareness.
Click here to learn more about your dosha. http://ayurvedictouch.com/the-dosha-quiz/
The Ayurvedic whole body treatment (Abhyanga) correlates to the generic Swedish massage treatment. Abhyanga is considered to be the pearl of the Ayurvedic massages, being the most effective treatment. Abhyanga is a tool of silent dialogue between body, mind and soul.
It has also been said that Abhyanga:
- Decreases the fatigue and invigorates the body
- Cleans and tightens the tissue
- Increases muscle tone and physical strength
- Reduces muscle and joint pain, making the joints supple
- Improves blood circulation, creating a sensation of lightness in the body
- Cleans the skin and improves the overall complexion
- Tonifies the nervous system
- Improves perception
- Improves sleep and combats insomnia
- Slows down ageing, rejuvenating aged tissues
- Relaxes and regenerates
- Harmonizes and vitalizes the body’s energy, thereby reducing stress
*Certification from Andrea Olivera Centre for Ayurveda Rituals, Toronto, ON.
1 Hour & 1 Hour and 30 Minute Treatments available