Experience the healing art of touch with the Indian Head Massage!
According to Ayurveda, the body is considered the temple, and so the head is revered to be alter of the temple. Once the mind relaxes into a state free of dis-ease, the body can also be freed from dis-ease. The body and mind are connected as one.
Using a base oil and chosen essential oils, the massage starts with the upper arms, shoulders, upper chest, neck, upper and lower back, (we could stop right here and you’d be in heaven, but there’s still more) …the forehead, temples, entire scalp and face. As if this wasn't reason enough to have a treatment..
INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE also:
- Facilitates a state of meditation and space for self-reflection
- Relaxes and rejuvenates the mind-body, easing you into ‘recharge mode’ - leave feeling deepply restored and nourished
- Balances the chakras by releasing stagnant energy or Prana throughout the body
- Eye strain
- Stress, anxiety, mental tension- completely calming the nervous system
- Physical strain- aches and pains, joint and muscle stiffness
- Overall sense of well-being as endorphins are released, aromatherapy component enhances the experience
- Assimilation and digestion of mental thoughts
- Mental clarity, alertness and concentration through increased circulation of cerebral spinal fluid in and around the brain
- Blood circulation throughout the entire body, nourishing vital organs and systems
- Immune system function
- Lymphatic system function; eliminates accumulated toxins and excess fluid in the body
- Healthy hair growth and prevents early graying; increases circulation to the hair folicle in the scalp, receiving increased oxygen and nutrients
- 45- minute and 1 Hour Treatments Available
*Certification from Andrea Olivera Centre for Ayurveda Rituals, Toronto, ON.